The 5 Fast-Track Remote-Working Questions You Need Answers to Now!
Moving fast is important right now…but so is not breaking things!
Australia announced a first round of preventative measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on March 16, 2020, with further, new restrictions being announced Wednesday March 18.
The situation is evolving rapidly, and authorities have advised that further disruption and restrictions will be inevitable.
If you haven’t already, now is most definitely the time to start finalising what you will require if all or a large part of your team is required to work from home to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of your staff, your clients and your families.
Key questions you need to be asking right now include:
1) Does your business have an emergency remote-work plan?
- If so, has it been reviewed and tested, and how will it be enacted?
2) Is your business and your team equipped to work productively from home?
- Do they have space, materials, technology and tools (bearing in mind any possible OH&S compliance requirements as well)?
- Have you audited your available resources against what may be required for all or a large part of your team to work from home in terms of:
- Internet connectivity
- Given the extensive supply-chain constraints we are already seeing, what effective workarounds can be put in place to facilitate remote working for your team?
3) Are your staff able to access your work systems remotely AND securely from home?
- What access and security measures do you have in place and have these been clearly communicated to your team?
4) Are there any business functions that cannot be serviced remotely?
- What office premises access, physical security and support needs might these people require if those functions are to be continued?
5) What communications plans do you have in place for your staff, clients and the community if necessary?
- What will be your primary channels of communication for providing status updates to staff, clients and the broader community if necessary?
- Do you have remote collaboration functionality enabled for remote meetings and document sharing?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow-up questions. Give us a call on 1300 629 786.
You can also view our recent Remote Readiness Briefing Presentation Session here as well.