Maxsum Consulting has been supporting the North Central Goldfields Regional Library’s technology journey for over 10 years.
The North Central Goldfields Regional Library (or Goldfields Library Corporation) is a regional library service serving the City of Greater Bendigo, Loddon Shire Council, Macedon Ranges Shire, and Mount Alexander Shire.
As part of their Vision to provide a place where communities explore, engage and create, the Goldfields Library Corporation has a very clearly defined goal for what they want to achieve through technology.
We provide innovative infrastructure and digital services that inspire and excite our community and enhance service provision.Goldfields Library Corporation
With some 17 locations and a commitment to deliver a range of both traditional and digital programs, activities, workshops and learning opportunities, the Goldfields Library Corporation faces a range of technology challenges, including the need to:
- Provide digital-age access to information, collections, and technology;
- Ensure administrative and internal library services and technologies are best in class;
- Provide welcoming, inclusive and functional spaces – both physical and virtual;
- Make strategic investments that deliver organisational sustainability whilst optimising community access and services.
With internal IT managers on staff, the Goldfields Library Corporation engagement with Maxsum was initially centred on Maxsum providing strategic advice around key projects the organisation was undertaking on a project-by-project basis.
As the demands on the library sites to become “digital hubs” grew, the organisation saw the value to transitioning to a more defined arrangement where they would have access to managed IT support and services delivered alongside a strategic roadmap designed to address their current and future technology needs.
As a Co-Managed IT Services client, Goldfields Library Corporation manages their own internal IT needs day to day but utilises the extra layer of support a Co-Managed IT Services agreement affords by escalating more complex issues and support requests to the Maxsum Team.
Maxsum provides a full spectrum of services that can really fit a businesses’ particular niche.David Coughlin, IT Manager Goldfields Library Corporation
Co-Managed IT Services has provided the Goldfields Library with a defined Service Level Guarantee, ensuring business and service continuity, along with proactive monitoring of their business technology systems. Co-Managed IT Services agreements, as utilised by the Goldfields Library Corporation also give businesses with their own internal IT teams a way to manage less critical service requests in-house, but escalate more critical service requests to Maxsum via the Maxsum Support Portal and ticketing tools, replete with a full suite of reporting and analytics capabilities.
One of the greatest benefits we’ve received from Maxsum, is in areas where we didn’t think we would receive a benefit. Our staff use the Help Desk Portal to report IT issues and we use it track IT support queries. That was a tool we didn’t think we’d use, but it’s been an incredible tool.David Coughlin IT Manager, Goldfields Library Corporation
Some of the business technology achievements the Maxsum – Goldfields Library Corporation business technology partnership has delivered to their organisation include:
- Supporting both the strategic direction and technical implementation of cutting-edge hardware, software and network projects;
- The design and implementation of new Internet security systems across all sites;
- The implementation of a robust dual-access Wireless network and Internet connectivity to cater to the libraries’ needs for both:
- Internal admin wireless access
- Public wireless network access
- Coordinating and ensuring RFID and Library Management System connectivity across 17 sites;
- Mechanisms for collecting and collating data on how people are using the library’s services to better inform strategic planning and decision-making.
- Migration from On-Premises Exchange to Office 365, as well as Office365 Desktop Applications
- All-new IT Security solutions to be rolled out during 2019 to meet the challenges posed by the evolving cyberthreat landscape.
One of the crucial parts about Maxsum is that they have a level of technical expertise, but they also sit down with us and think strategically about where our business is headed.Mark Hands, CEO Goldfield Library Corporation
Want to hear more about how Maxsum has helped Goldfields Library Corporation’s become a digital hub?
Hear it from Goldfields Library Corporation themselves!