It’s that time of year again when we’re all thinking about finding the perfect gift to put under the Christmas tree. So while you’re finishing off your Christmas shopping over the next week, why not add something extra to your shopping list to place under our very own Maxsum Giving Tree 2018.
Over the week of December 10-14, we’re inviting our valued clients, partners and members of our local community to add to our team’s contributions and place a little something under the Maxsum Giving Tree that will bring some festive cheer to a family in need this Christmas.
This year the Maxsum team will be supporting locally based not-for-profit organisation, The Centre for Non-Violence (CNV). CNV’s focus is on women and children’s rights, safety and empowerment. From its Bendigo base, CNV services the Loddon Campaspe region, delivering services and programs through a continuum of interventions: prevention, protection, recovery, counselling and support. CNV also provides opportunities for change for men who use violence against family members, with a strong emphasis on accountability.
Please join us in giving back this festive season and supporting the amazing work that CNV does in our region and beyond. You can come in and place your unwrapped gift or contribution any time during business hours under the Maxsum Giving Tree, located in the reception area of either our Bendigo or Melbourne offices.
Need some ideas?
CNV has provided us with a list of items they are currently in need of to support the needs of those who depend on their services this festive season.
- Back to school supplies: Backpacks, stationary, drink bottles, etc.
- New Christmas cards, ribbons or wrapping paper: Allows women and their families to participate in the festive season.
- Children’s Toys: E.g. books, games, puzzles, drawing materials, crafts (no bake playdough), soft toys and dolls.
- Hampers: Non-perishable, store-bought bought food or useful material goods.
- Gift Vouchers: With a 6-month or longer expiry preferred.
- New kitchenware items: E.g. plastic storage containers, mixing bowls, cutlery, can openers, plastic tumblers, dining crockery and mugs.
- Nappy supplies: New – medium/large sizes (no newborn nappies), nappy liners, baby wipes, etc.
- New toiletries, perfume, personal hygiene items.
- New household linens: To be used in new homes or crisis housing, e.g. blankets, flat and fitted sheets, doona covers, new pillows, towels, face washers, tea towels.
We welcome your contributions, but we also ask that you remain mindful of CNV’s mission and work by ensuring that your donation of choice does not promote violent messages or behaviours or promote or be labelled for gender-specific use.
With thanks from the Maxsum Team this festive season.
For more information about the important work of The Centre for Non-Violence visit: www.cnv.org.au