Update on the Victoria Summit 2017 Policy Recommendations
On August 3 2017 Maxsum was proud to participate in the 2017 Victoria Summit’s Bendigo event. The VS2017 workshops were hosted by the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in various locations across Victoria and sought to canvass opinion from Victoria’s business community and opinion leaders on key priorities for supporting the growth of Victorian businesses. This year’s summit focused on the developing policy recommendations for submission to all political parties in the lead-up to the 2018 State Election.
The agenda for the 2017 Victoria Summit included discussions around:
- What taxes need to be cut to help Victorian businesses grow?
- What is the best way to boost Victorian jobs?
- What can be done to strengthen workforce skills?
- What needs to be done to ensure Victoria remains a great place to live, work and invest?
- How can we ensure Victorian business has reliable and affordable energy?
- What steps need to be taken to keep Victoria’s regions growing?
Maxsum, in our committment to #buildtheecosystem for ourselves, partners, clients and community, focused specifically on issues we see as critical for the Greater Bendigo region and for better connectivity between regional and metro Melbourne areas. We sought to highlight the need for improving regional infrastructure, including improved connectivity and high-speed transport access, as well as more robust tertiary and industry-based IT training to build and retain digital skills in regional areas.
On November 23, VCCI released its key recommendations based on consultations through its Victoria Summit 2017 events. Click here to access the suite of recommendations.
Or see below to download the two recommendations most relevant to Maxsum partners and clients in Metro and Regional Vic .